What are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers are a thin, semi-translucent laminate permanently bonded to your teeth. While they’re not suitable for every patient, veneers are the most aesthetic alternative for a variety of dental conditions involving the front teeth, including:
• Diastema (spaces between teeth)
• Broken or chipped teeth
• Unsightly, stained or washed out fillings
• Permanently stained or discolored teeth that can’t be bleached
• Crooked teeth advantages and benefits of Veneers
There are many benefits and advantages to have porcelain veneers:
• The procedure takes only two appointments
• A conservative amount of tooth structure is removed during the procedure
• Veneers are the most biocompatible material you can use next to the gingiva
(part of the gum tissue that immediately surrounds the teeth and alveolar bone)
• A healthy “natural” look is achieved; in fact, porcelain veneers are the most aesthetic
restoration in dentistry
How are Porcelain Veneers done?
At the first appointment teeth are prepared for the veneers and the plan of care is initiated. Measurements and specifications are then sent to our specialized lab to design the custom made porcelain veneers. Meanwhile, beautiful temporaries are fabricated to fill in the gap. At the second appointment the veneers are permanently adhered to the natural teeth.
Veneers can last indefinitely, depending on how well they are taken care of by the patient. Because veneers are stronger than simple bonding, they are also more resistant to stains and chipping. You must maintain regular oral hygiene at home, and visit us for routine cleanings and exams. This is to ensure that your new veneers will look as good as new. Another important point is that oral habits that damage natural teeth such as nail biting, opening bobby pins, and chewing on hard objects can also damage your new veneers. Once veneers are applied, it is advisable to maintain an adequate oral hygiene.
For further information about Porcelain Veneers in Beirut Lebanon, please do not hesitate to contact us